Taste Texas Hill Country | ATX → Fredericksburg | Overnight
Taste Texas Hill Country departs from Austin semi-monthly. Available for private booking for groups of 6 to 12.
Come Taste the Real Spirit(s) of Texas.
Join Sauce Culinary Travel proprietor Adam Boles on a lively overnight tasting tour through Texas Hill Country.
Sample the spirits at small-batch breweries & distilleries, feast on the region’s amazing cuisine — from famous Texas barbecue to elegant fine dining menus — and relax in one of Fredericksburg’s most luxurious boutique hotels.
- Treaty Oak Distilling
- Last Stand Brewing
- Opie’s Barbecue
- Blacksmith’s Quarters
- Revolution Spirits
- Otto’s German Bistro
- Crystal Creek Moonshine
- Argus Cidery
- The Salt Lick BBQ
- Hye Rum
- Garrison Brothers Distillery
- Wine Country Cottages
- Texas Hill Country Olive Oil Co.
- Twisted X Brewing
- Vaudeville Supper Club
- …and more!
* Please note that not all destinations will be available on each tour. We will send you your specific itinerary within two weeks of departure.
Our Hill Country Tasting Tour is about the Journey and the Destination.
Your journey begins mid-morning in Austin where our small group (6 to 12 guests) will board a luxury charter for the trip west. We’ll treat you to coffee and breakfast tacos before arriving in Dripping Springs. There, you’ll tour several breweries and distilleries, sample the incredible craft beers & spirits, and meet the master artisans who produce them. You’ll round out your afternoon with lunch, a stroll through the olive groves, and an olive oil tasting at a The Texas Hill Country Olive Oil Co.
Arrive in Fredericksburg in the late afternoon, and check into your stunning boutique accommodations. There you’ll have the chance to relax, wander the shops and storefronts on Main St., and take in the small-town charm and German heritage of this Hill Country hamlet.
Gather in the evening for a delicious dinner at one of Fredericksburg’s rustic & elegant fine dining eateries. Enjoy several courses paired with wine, and then hit the town for a look at FBG’s beer & cocktail scene.
After a good night’s rest, and a morning to enjoy the town, you’ll depart Fredericksburg for the delicious drive home.
On your way, you’ll learn to make craft cocktails at a family-run distillery, and sample some of Texas’s best and most authentic barbecue before arriving back in Austin in the late afternoon.
This Tasting Tour Includes:
- One night in Fredericksburg, TX at Blacksmith’s Quarters or similar luxury boutique hotel accommodations.
- Multi-course dinner & customized wine pairing at Otto’s German Bistro or similar fine dining restaurant.
- All other meals & snacks detailed in the itinerary, including lunch at one of the region’s famed Texas Barbecue destinations.
- Private tasting tours at a number of Texas Hill Country’s microbreweries, small-batch distilleries, & local farms. These tours are designed specifically for Sauce Culinary Travel and our guests.
- Luxury round-trip transportation from Austin to Fredericksburg, including all stops along the way.
- All taxes, fees, tour admission tickets & guides; and all gratuities for drivers, guides, & restaurant service staff included in itinerary.
Taste Hill Country Tour Schedule, Private Booking, & Cost
- October 13-14, 2017
- November 3-4, 2017
- December 8-9, 2017
Space is limited on these exclusive tasting tours. Deadlines to sign up are two weeks prior to departure (Sept. 29, Oct. 20, & Nov. 24, respectively). Full detailed itineraries will be delivered to registered guests two weeks prior to departure. Feel free to contact us with any questions, or to request more details about a specific tour.
This tour is available for private booking for groups of 6 to 12.
Taste Texas Hill Country is perfect for:
- Wedding Parties
- Bachelor & Bachelorette Parties
- Corporate & Team-Building Retreats
- Friends & Family Getaways
- Small Groups visiting Austin who want an authentic Texas experience
Reservations for privately booked tours can be made up to two weeks prior to your desired departure date. The itineraries for privately booked tours are customizable based on our guests’ tastes & budgets. Therefore, the per-person cost of the tour may differ from the pre-scheduled package cost listed below.
$850 per person for a double occupancy reservation. A deposit of $225 per person will be due upon reserving your spot on the trip, refundable until 14 days prior to departure, less a $75 administrative fee. The balance of the trip cost will be due 14 days prior to departure. A single room supplement of $185 will be added to the cost of the trip if you plan to travel on your own.